PEEK Rod Natural
This is an indication of how easily a material can be machined, with 5 being the easiest to machineWear Resistance
This is an indication of how wear resistant a material is, with 5 being the most resistantDimensional Stability
This is an indication of how dimensionally stable a material is, with 5 being the most stableOperating Temp.
This is the recommended maximum continuous operating temperature in degrees Celsius
PEEK is an Advanced Engineering Plastic which combines excellent wear resistance, and very high mechanical properties, dimensional and creep stability even under thermal load. With outstanding chemical resistance and an operating temperature up to 260°C it is often used to make parts that are lighter, stronger and perform in the harshest of environments.
Additionally, the composition of the raw materials used for the manufacture of PEEK which we stock complies with the regulations of the European Union (Directive 2002/72/EC, as amended) and the United States of America (FDA) for plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs.
- Very high maximum allowable service temperature in air (260 °C continuously, up to 310 °C for short periods of time)
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance, also at elevated temperatures
- Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance
- Excellent wear & frictional behaviour
- Very good dimensional stability
- Excellent resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Inherent low flammability and very low levels of smoke evolution during combustion
- Back Up Rings
- Structural Parts
- Oil & Gas
- Food Technology