Nylatron GS Rod
This is an indication of how easily a material can be machined, with 5 being the easiest to machineWear Resistance
This is an indication of how wear resistant a material is, with 5 being the most resistantDimensional Stability
This is an indication of how dimensionally stable a material is, with 5 being the most stableOperating Temp.
This is the recommended maximum continuous operating temperature in degrees Celsius
The addition of MoS2 to Nylatron® GS renders this material somewhat stiffer, harder and dimensionally more stable than Ertalon® 66 SA, but results in some loss of impact strength. The nucleating effect of the molybdenum disulphide results in an improved crystalline structure enhancing bearing and wear properties.
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good machinability