Ertalyte TX Rod
This is an indication of how easily a material can be machined, with 5 being the easiest to machineWear Resistance
This is an indication of how wear resistant a material is, with 5 being the most resistantDimensional Stability
This is an indication of how dimensionally stable a material is, with 5 being the most stableOperating Temp.
This is the recommended maximum continuous operating temperature in degrees Celsius
Ertalyte® TX is a polyethylene terephthalate compound incorporating a uniformly dispersed solid lubricant. Its specific formulation makes it a premium internally lubricated bearing-grade. Ertalyte® TX not only has an outstanding wear resistance but offers in comparison with Ertalyte® an even lower coefficient of friction as well as higher pressure-velocity capabilities.
Ertalyte® TX excels under both high pressure and velocity conditions. It is also ideally suited for applications involving soft metal and plastic mating surfaces.
Ertalyte® TX is available in various shapes as a "Food Grade". It is also FDA, USDA and 3A-Dairy compliant.
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and hardness
- Very good creep resistance
- Low and constant coefficient of friction
- Excellent wear resistance (comparable to or even better than Nylon grades)
- Very good dimensional stability (better than Polyacetal)
- Excellent stain resistance
- Better resistance to acids than Nylon or Polyacetal
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)