Ertalyte Natural Sheet
This is an indication of how easily a material can be machined, with 5 being the easiest to machineWear Resistance
This is an indication of how wear resistant a material is, with 5 being the most resistantDimensional Stability
This is an indication of how dimensionally stable a material is, with 5 being the most stableOperating Temp.
This is the recommended maximum continuous operating temperature in degrees Celsius
Ertalyte® is an unreinforced, semi-crystalline thermoplastic polyester based on polyethylene terephthalate (PET-P). The specific properties of Ertalyte® virgin crystalline PET make it especially suitable for the manufacture of mechanical precision parts which have to sustain high loads and/or are subject to wear.
Ertalyte® natural (rods, plates) is available as a "Food Grade" as it is FDA compliant in natural colour. Natural coloured Ertalyte® is also 3A-Dairy compliant. The material is an excellent candidate for parts used in the food processing and equipment industries.
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and hardness
- Very good creep resistance
- Low and constant coefficient of friction
- Excellent wear resistance (comparable to or even better than Nylon grades)
- Very good dimensional stability (better than Polyacetal)
- Excellent stain resistance
- Better resistance to acids than Nylon or Polyacetal
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)